Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Made it! Monday: The Camel-colored Skirt

As you can see, I finally got to my second project in the Basic Wardrobe Sew-a-Long, the camel-colored skirt.  And, I had everything I needed to make this, so no trips to JoAnn's were needed, which is always a bonus.  
For this skirt, I used Simplicity 4787, a pattern that I had used once before to make my all-time favorite denim skirt.   I used a linen-look fabric that I've had for years and lined it with the same animal-print chiffon that I used in my black dress.  I love this pattern for the little pleated insert.  LOVE it!
I made a few changes, as usual, to the pattern.  I lined it, which the pattern doesn't call for, but I really like linings in my dresses and skirts.  I also eliminated the facings and just used bias trim sewn down.  It seems a little loose in the waist, so I might add a little bit of elastic slightly stretched across the back panel, just enough to snug it up a bit.  Overall, I'm very happy with this, and I'll probably use this pattern again. 
Now to decide which garment to make next....


The really big news from this past week is that our new grandson arrived safe and sound.  He's beautiful and healthy, and The Mama is doing great, too.  We had Big Brother and Big Sister here for a few days and that kept me pretty busy. 
I've been doing a little more scrapping, too.  I'm working on the little guy's arrival, of course, but I also got this page done a while back.

And, got one layout about our Christmas finished, too.  Lots more to do, though...

Over in my shop, there are a few new products.

Until next time, I hope you all, too, are working with delight.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Great looking skirt, like the back detail. Also, congrats on the new grandson, how exciting.

Lynneb said...

Great skirt.,and a new grandbaby! How wonderful!

Elizabeth Made This said...

The pleats are marvelous! But your sweet grandson takes the cuteness award. Congratulations! May the Lord bless you all as you get to know him.

Tonia2000 said...

Love your skirt! The back detail is fabulous. Congrats on your new grandson - what a treasure!