Well, this one is just squeaking by, isn't it?
I was up a lot last night, hacking and coughing, so today I'm not up to my best. I've spent most of the hours available to me working on the calendar for The Male. We're in the home stretch, and we're still talking to each other!
For today's trip down memory lane, here's a photo from 1978 and our first Christmas as husband and wife. We were living in North Hollywood at the time, and the last thing The Male needed was a down vest, but that's what I made him! It came in a kit with all the fabric, feathers, and hardware needed. I was really pleased with how it turned out, and so was he! He wore it for years, until it literally started falling apart. Within a year of this photo, we had moved to Oregon, where a down vest is quite handy to have. But, I didn't know that at the time....

3 comments:
Was it a "Frostline" kit? My mom made several of those! Memories!
Yes, it was! Only I had forgotten the name! I wonder if they are still around...
you made a DOWN VEST?!?! It would have never donned on me to make a down vest!
Post a Comment