For a while in my teens, I was in Job's Daughters, an organization for young girls who have a relative in the Masonic Lodge. For our meetings, we wore Roman-esque white satin togas with purple ropes wrapped around us and tied in front. But, for other events, ones that were public, we wore formals. And, of course, I made mine, and they all had a certain Little House on the Prairie ambiance to them. You might recognize this dress as coming from the same pattern as my first post in this series, the pink polyester one with the sweetheart neckline. But, this one was made from a cotton, with little purple flowers sprinkled all over it.
My older brother is decked out in his Demolay finery, too. Over my shoulder is my Nana Keene, my dad's mother. I can't remember what we were doing or where we were going, but I'm sure it was some Lodge function. My parents are pretty spiffed up, too.
After I became a Christian the summer after my junior year, I dropped out of Job's Daughters. I didn't believe that it was compatible with with Scripture, being very works-oriented. I didn't much miss wearing formals, either!

1 comment:
wow, you were so talented at even a young age! Way impressed.
Post a Comment