So, I've decided to begin a new "feature" here, just like all the bloggers for reals do. What got me thinking was seeing all the photos that I've been scanning, noticing the clothing on me or my littles. I'm simply amazed, that in the middle of raising three rather close together children, homeschooling them, and living in a 2-bedroom house with all of them for a year, that I sewed so much. It might be the lack of an internet in those by-gone days. Hummm... And, I sewed a lot for myself in junior- and senior high, too. Not well, but I did it.
So, here's my first post, which I planned to do on Monday, simply for the alliteration, but I got side-tracked. By the internet. (See above.)
So, this is my nerdy self in high school; I think my sophomore year. I loved this dress--it was a pink double-knit, empire waist, puffed sleeved, sweetheart necklined wonder. Does anyone even MAKE double-knit these days? That's a fabric that would survive pretty much any natural or un-natural disaster. Probably filling up half the landfills in America. But, it was very easy to sew. And, cheap. And, readily available in the corner of the California desert where I grew up. And, I really liked this dress. It made me happy.

1 comment:
I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations!!
Post a Comment