Fast forward a few years from last Monday's post and we're in the spring of 1983. I'm at my grandmother's 95th birthday party in Los Angeles and I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby. We were living in Portland, Oregon at the time, in a 800 square foot, 2-bedroom house.
To sew, I had to take all my needed items, sewing machine, ironing board, notions, etc., out of the closet and set everything up at the kitchen/dining table. And, put it all away for meals. And, somehow, I did it.
This dress was one of my favorite maternity outfits. I felt very pretty in it. It was royal blue, polyester (of course), but woven, and very thin and silky. It had long puffed sleeves and a mandarin-like collar and asymmetrical yoke, both of which I edged in red piping, and it buttoned on the shoulder. Did I mention that I felt very pretty in this dress???
With me are my parents and my two sisters. On the left is Charlotte, who also made most of her clothes. I pretty sure that she made the suit she's wearing. She can make a suit like nobody's business.
And, my grandmother lived to 102.5! I'm hoping for the same blessing of a long life, lived faithfully.

No comments:
Post a Comment