I love to find unexpected treasures, especially at garage or estate sales. It's one of my favorite past-times. This past week, I found an un-advertised estate sale just down the block. And, what a find it was! The woman who once lived in this house was a sewer, mainly a quilter. But, she had oodles of goodies that any one who sews would appreciate.
I loaded up a pink Sprout's bag with 3 cutting mats, 2 dressmaker hams, an ironing blanket, 4 crochet hooks (I lose mine...), 3 cutting rulers, a magnetic pattern board, and a rotary cutter. As I was standing in line, I was going through my treasures in my mind, trying to decide what I was willing to part with, as I had only $20 with me.
As the fellow behind the table added up my purchase, he was counting, 1, 2, 3, etc. I thought he was counting items. Oh, no, dear reader! He was running a total! It all added up to a grand total of $10!!! I was SO happy. The dressmaker hams alone were worth more than that, as they were brand new. The ironing blanket was still in the unopened package! They will be put to good use, I assure you.
Hummm... I wonder what I'll find next?

1 comment:
That is a blessing!!
Post a Comment