Today, April 3th, is Silas' 4th birthday. In keeping the theme of this years' birthday crafting, I made him a flag, too, like I made Violet and Faith. However, it's very much a boy's flag, to be sure.
It's BRIGHT orange, with appliqued felt letters and 4 patches (for years 1-4). And, the best part, he liked it! Yay!
For his gift, I made him this little messenger bag, from this blog .
When I showed the bag to my husband, he said, "So, you're making him a purse???"
No! It's a messenger bag; it's like a briefcase with a shoulder strap! :-/
Anyway, like the flag, Silas liked it, which made me very happy, too. I filled it with little toys, so that might have helped.
We all enjoyed a birthday dinner of lasagne (gluten-free), asparagus, and ice cream cake. Yummy!

2 comments:
That is so cute! I want to make a messenger bag/ diaper bag for my pregnant friend, so I'll have to check out your link! Thanks for posting birthday news; Nathan & Corrie are slackin'! :D
Becca, I wouldn't use this pattern for a diaper bag; it's not big enough, nor does it have the necessary pockets needed in a diaper bag. Check out JoAnn's for their pattern sales; you could get a pattern for $1 or $2.
Post a Comment