Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ummm... Not so much...


Thank you, Rachel, Lissa, and Bekka, for all your nice comments on my last post. This one however....
I should have known from the beginning. I bought this pattern, Vogue 8534, because I liked View C. I'm trying to break out of the plain t-shirt mode I tend to over-do. I bought it even knowing that the neck edges on A and B were unfinished, raw, and most likely were on C, too.
I forged ahead, stubbornly.
I am not an unfinished-edge kind of person.
It was awful. So, I tried to serge it; kind of a half-way unfinished edge, if you will.
It was awful. So, I turned the neck edge under, until right before the ends go through the loop for the bow, leaving the ends serged.
Pretty much still awful.
Then it was too long. So, I lopped off about 2 inches and made the shirt-tail hem into a straight hem.
It's not quite a wadder, but oh, so close. It will be one of those tops I will wear if I know that I'm not stepping outside of the house all day.
Oh, well. You can't win all the time...

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Actually I still think it's not bad. Maybe it's the kind of thing that looks the best under a suit jacket? Still you're so good with knits. You're inspiring me to try them when I had a we-don't-sew-knits upbringing!

Lori said...

I think it looks pretty good, too. Thanks for sharing the link.