Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thrifted Thursday: The World's Most Awesome Dictionary


And, I'm pretty sure, the thickest!  I got this at a garage sale a while back--could hardly believe that no one else had snatched it up before I did!  ;-)  I put the tea cup on top just so you could get a sense of scale.  Like I said, it's enormous.  It's an unabridged Webster.  The publication date is 1947, it has wonderful illustrations, and quite a few of the definitions have Biblical references. 
And, it cost me only $1.00!
Now, you might be asking, "What in the WORLD are you doing to do with such a monstrosity???"
I'll tell you!
I've been copying the pages, turning them into brushes for Photoshop, and using the result to make word art.  It's been great fun and I am getting my money's worth, too.  Truly delightful!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

That's really neat. It never occured to me that old dictionaries might have bible references. Now I'm going to start looking!What a cool way to use and preserve it at the same time. Also, I like the new look of the blog! Very clean.