Saturday, June 25, 2011

Built by Wendy (and Barbara) Pants

I've been wanting a light-weight pair of denim pants, and I thought that this pattern by Simplicity would work out nicely.
Turns out, I was right.  :-)
I got them finished up this morning; would have been earlier, but I messed up one of the two buttonholes and had to rip it out and re-do.  Seems I have a 50% success rate with buttonholes!

I cut out a 14, as I have what my podiatrist calls "muscular" thighs.  They fit well in the legs, but I did have to take up quite a bit in the seat and waist. 
I also made them ankle-length, (with side vents) not capri, but more Audrey Hepburn.  At least that was the vibe I was trying to channel. 
You can't see here in the photo, but as I was taking them off, I realized that I hadn't zipped up.  This is what happens when I'm in too much of a hurry....  That and bad buttonholes. 
'Til next time!

No comments: