I've been having a wonderful time making some scrapbook pages about my "career" at UAL. Today is my 12th anniversary and I'm in a reflective mood. And, I'm forgetfull, so I want to write these things down before it's too late and I'm dribbling into my applesauce. I want whoever reads my pages years from now to know that God was gracious and kind in all His dealings with me and this is what that looked like.
And, along those lines, I stumbled across this site yesterday and it has captured me. I love the idea of short snippets of life, written regularly, more or less. I have enjoyed doing my monthly round-up, but I've had to find ways to keep lists so I don't forget anything by the end of the month. (See first paragraph.) Then, I had to remember where I put those lists. (See first paragraph.)
However, a daily blip (again, more or less), that I can do. I'm not a fan of the name, as I don't want to be "simple." I'm sure she meant it in the uncomplicated way, but I'm thinking it's too close for comfort in the stupid way...
So, how about the name: This Woman's Simple Daybook. That I can get behind.
So, here's my first go-round, based on her list, with a few changes by me:
FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it is threatening to rain. And, it's a bit chilly.
I am thinking...that I need to get to my to-do list and quit blabbing.
I am thankful for...sweet blueberry smoothies.
From the kitchen...I have a turkey in the oven.
I am wearing...straight leg jeans (which are a smidgen too big now-yay!), a black knit shirt, and my Land's End flats. Just added a hoodie. (See below.)
I am creating...scrapbook pages.
I am going...to LBCC today for an appointment with a counselor to see what I need to do to get my AA.
I am reading...Actually, I just finished a book last night (Anything Considered, by Peter Mayle) and haven't started the next one.
I am hoping...to get to scrapbook more this afternoon!
I am hearing...the quiet of the washer and dryer, which means it's time to attend to the clothes therein.
Around the house and garden...I was brave and bought a little tomato plant today, along with bean seeds. The radishes, chard, and lettuce seeds have sprouted.
On my DVR... an episode of Castle from last night.
One of my favorite things...a warm hoodie on a chilly day after one has eaten a cold blueberry smoothie.
A Bible verse from today's reading: Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart, I am pure from my sin?" The implication being, of course, no one. So, if I'm not seeing my sin, I need to look harder.
A photo... (or two, or more)





4 comments:
Violet and I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your pictures together!
LOVE the Easter and Birthday pictures! (of course I'm bias to the Little Ones) I really enjoyed reading your FA story! Remember when I interviewed you for my Comp 1 paper? :D
Thanks for your comment on my blog !!!!
Hugs,
Paula
I know you wrote this eons ago, but I'm finally finding time to catch up in blogworld...nice post. I remember your "I'm afraid to fly" days, dear friend, and was so proud of you as I watched you conquer that fear.
Post a Comment