Monday, March 29, 2010

Birthday Gifts for the Grandgirls

We just got back from a quick trip to Virginia for our daughter's daughters' birthdays. Got that? Big Girl turned three and Little Girl was one. There was ice cream involved. Hugs and kisses. Lots of cuddles.
Pretty cute, aren't they??? They made me smile, that's for sure. These are neck pillows for sleepy little girls. I had originally intended to make only one, just for the Little Girl, who sleeps in the car all wonky. But, I got it done, and KNEW that despite having already made some cute doll clothes for her older sister, I'd better get crackin' and make Big Girl one, too.
Here are the doll clothes, for a little Cabbage Patch baby:
And, then, the birthday girls need a bit of finery.
For Little Girl:
For Big Girl:
We had a wonderful trip and were sorry to have to say good-by. It just gets harder and harder to have a whole country in between us... But, we're so thankful for the pass privileges my job provides to get across it for a visit now and again.
God is good...
...all the time.