Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Nursing Apron

My youngest child is now 24, so I'm a little behind the curve regarding new items for mommies and babies. But, with the arrival of two new grandbabies this year, I'm catching up.
My daughter came, bringing her new baby, for a visit while her hubby was in Iraq for a short tour of duty. She had received this snazzy nursing apron at a baby shower and I thought it was just the cat's meow. It covers everything, doesn't slip off the shoulder like a blanket, and isn't hot and heavy in the summertime. The curve of the boning at the top allows the mom to peek at the baby and make any needed adjustments.
I have since made several and they are so easy and quick, taking about perhaps a half an hour each. You can make 2 out of one yard of a 45 inch wide fabric. The only other item needed is one yard of boning, which will also be enough to make two aprons. Nifty!


The photo above is of my daughter-in-law and the little yellow bootie-clad feet belong to my grandson.
This photo shows the finidhed apron; about 22x30, with the strap and the boning centered on the top.

Working with delight,
Barbara

No comments: