Remember that I told you about the pink crocheted hats I made for the grandgirls? I posted little Rosebud wearing hers a while back. Well, here is a picture of the two who live way the heck across this giant country:
Are they not just adorable? Makes me want to pinch some little, pudgy cheeks. And, convince their papa that he really, really needs to move to California. Really.
And, then on a more grown-up note, I've been scanning hundreds more family photos lately. I've finally finished the two boxes I brought home from my mother's over a year ago. It's been a lot of work, but it's also been quite rewarding as I've discovered little gems of memory that have been packed away for years and years.
One of those hidden gems was a set of souvenir photos of pre-war Frankfurt, Germany. There were four, and on the back of three of them were descriptions written in my dad's hand of the views he was seeing, post-war, in 1945.
I about fell out of my chair.
First, because I had NO idea that my dad been in Germany in WWII. I had been told that he was in France, right before and after the official end of hostilities.
And, secondly, because I had stood in the same places as he did, nearly 60 years later.
I never knew this about my dad, and now that he's gone, I'll never get to talk with him about the places we both have been, half a world away from where I grew up in Podunk, California.
So, I did what I do these days and made a scrapbook page:


1 comment:
That's totally cool about your dad's old photos....I love scanning my old family photos, too. And where did you get the pattern for that adorable hat? I simply must make one! Love your blog; thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment