But, before I forget any more than I already have I'd better get to it!
What have I been reading and watching?
The Vintage Caper: just a nice diversion.
In the interest of trying to be a better writer, I read Bird by Bird. Disregarding the fact that I actually have to write to be a better writer, I really didn't enjoy this book, nor profit as much as I'd hoped from it. I did appreciate the description of writing as actual work, making me appreciate those writers I enjoy all the more.
I tried, I really tried, to read Shop Class as Soul Craft. But, the author writes like the highly educated man he is, not like the motorcycle mechanic. I just couldn't connect. Too many esoteric, multi-syllabic, edu-speak meanderings. Sigh...
And, I read lots and lots of children's books! Barnyard Dance, Farm Animals, My Big Train Book, and more. :-)As for movies, we watched The Angel and the Badman, a classic as far as movies go. A complete pile of hooey as far as theology. I will never be a Quaker.
Some friends loaned us Secondhand Lions, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. A sweet story of redemption and family.
For Corrie's birthday, she choose to watch Sherlock Holmes. We downloaded it on our apple TV, and watched it as the kids napped. We had to watch it in two installments, finishing just 20 minutes before our 24-hour rental went up in smoke! It's not one you want playing when little ones are around...
I discovered the podcast The Paperclipping Roundtable and The Digi Roundtable. Both great shows, professionally done and quite interesting.I am still following the ESV chronological through-the-bible-in-a-year program. It's been a little disconcerting to hop around a bit, but I think I'm beginning to get more out of it.
What events did I enjoy with my family and friends?
We celebrated both Corrie's and Nathan's birthdays and their anniversary. We watched the littles as they went out for a movie.
Our monthly West Coasters had to be canceled, as Doug got very sick. Turns out, it was strep throat! I can't remember a time when he was so sick for so long. And, I wasn't.
Rachel and the girls came out for an extended visit on the 20th. She needed a little R and R, and Isaac would be away from home for a week, too. It was a joy to have them all here. But, it just made more clear my conviction that 50-somethings aren't designed to be mommies of toddlers!
WE WENT OUT FOR PIZZA!!!! To a pizza place. And, we got to eat something other than a salad. Woo-hoo!!! Gluten-free pizza at zPizza. What a treat!
What did I work on, accomplish, or attempt?
I got a total of 2,045 family photos scanned. That's just one box. It's a job, for sure. But, I am so glad I'm doing it. Memories of events, people, and pets long forgotten are triggered by photographs.
I did eight layouts, not as many as I'd hoped. But, I'm still keeping up with Project 365. It's been a stretch some days finding something to photograph.








I got a few new tops sewn, working through my stash from the Fabric District.
The Male and I went for our longest ride yet, 82 miles. You can read the story over at my alter-ego's blog, Confessions of a Biker Chick. And, that's all for today. I'll post my favorite photos from the month next time.
Until then...
1 comment:
Barnyard Dance is one of our favorites ;-)...looks like you had quite the busy go of it, but that doesn't surprise me one bit. love you!
Post a Comment